User Interface Components
This chapter describes the main components of the Threat Defender user interface.
We recommend using Google Chrome.
The user interface consists of two main areas: the menu bar on the left side of the screen and the content area.
1. The Menu Bar
The menu bar contains the following elements from top to bottom:
- The APPLY/APPLY CHANGES button at the top of the menu bar allows you to activate the current configuration. If you change the Threat Defender configuration, the changes have to be applied before they take effect.
- The menu bar grants access to the available menus on the first navigation level. See Interface Reference for further information on the individual menus.
- Click Documentation to open the Threat Defender documentation in a new browser tab.
- Click Support to access our support portal.
- Under About, you find details about your hardware and software.
- Click Sign out to log off from Threat Defender.
- In expanded view, the menu bar shows the icons and the titles of the corresponding menus and elements. To increase the space of the content area, click Collapse Menu to only display the icons. To expand the menu bar, click again.
2. The Content Area
The content area takes up the main part of the screen. The information displayed here depends on the selected menu item.
At the top of the content area, you see the second navigation level of the selected menu item.
For further information, see the description of the individual menu items under Interface Reference.