About this Documentation
This documentation describes cognitix Threat Defender version 20200127.0.0.0. For an overview of the most significant changes in this version, see What's new?
This manual contains the following chapters:
- This introductory section contains general information on how to use this manual and provides a short overview of cognitix Threat Defender (or Threat Defender for short) and its key features as well as the technical concepts used.
- The Installation and Setup section explains how to install and set up Threat Defender.
- The Usage chapter illustrates the basic usage of Threat Defender as well as complex use cases.
- The Interface Reference chapter describes the individual screens of the user interface and their elements.
- The Appendix contains supplementary documentation.
1. Intended Audience
This manual is for network administrators and technicians who are responsible for installing and configuring Threat Defender as well as defining the network policy.
To be able to use this manual effectively, a solid background knowledge and experience regarding networking concepts is required.
Users already familiar with Threat Defender can find typical application examples under Advanced Usage.
The following typographic conventions and notations are used to represent information in this manual.
Elements of the graphical user interface are indicated as follows:
Buttons, checkboxes, list names and other GUI items appear in bold font.
A sequence of menu commands is indicated as follows: Policy > Network Objects > Static Network Objects . In this case, go to the Policy menu, select Network Objects and open the Static Network Objects tab.
List options and literal text appear in a
Links appear as blue text.
Glossary terms appear as green text. Hover the mouse over the term to read the glossary entry in a tooltip or click it to jump to the respective section in the glossary.
The following types of notes are used to indicate additional information or call attention to a particular point:
This note contains useful tips that make your work easier.
This note contains important information.
This note contains information that is very important to consider. If it is not observed, network security may be at risk.
3. Related Resources
Refer to the following resources for further information on Threat Defender:
- Release Notes provide information on each release.
- The support portal assists you in troubleshooting and provides various helpful articles to answer your questions. Here, you can also open support tickets and view the status of existing tickets.
- Our homepage contains valuable information about our products and solutions, as well as the latest company news.